Sunday, July 16, 2006

Casserole Pot Toppers

Casserole Pot Toppers

These have been on my mind for a while now.

It is winter here and we often have casserole, soup or curries for dinner. The lids are always so hot, so I came up with a series of Casserole pot toppers. I saw something years back in fabric.

They are a glamourised pot holder, but have a bit of attitude. I reckon they look kinda crazy on top of the casserole dishes. Mind you these ones are empty - but you get my drift?

So what might go into a casserole hot pot?

Well there is pork. I am not a big fan of pork, but my family are. Sweet and sour pork with rice. This one turned out quite cute, as little piggies always do! I thought I would start with a pretty pink, altho market pigs are never this clean and pretty! My daughter worked for the Australian Pork Limited for a while, and said the office was full of piggy things. Best thing was she got a free ham at Christmas


Lamb stroganof! How yummy is that. I do love the smell of lamby goodness.
They are almost too cute to eat, and I am sure would make the devoted vegan wince. I always remember the lambies in New Zealand when we lived there for a few years. They are the silliest little blighters who leap about as their tails bounce about. Unbelievably cute little animals.

Bar-b-que Lamb chops!


Poultry is always a good reliable feed. Once upon a time it was a rare treat, now we have is several nights a week. I just love Chicken Korma Curry with Cashews. Yummo!
Butter chicken, Chicken Tandori, Roast chicken, Chicken soup, the list is endless.






And finally the duck. We don't get much duck here in Australia but I had to make a duck cos the colours are so cool.



So what's missing?? Veal and Beef? I am still working on them, but thought this was a good start.

These will all end up on the craft stall at the school fete. I have now mastered the patterns and need to write them up before I forget. I think a few of them might end up under the Christmas tree as well.

Thanks For Looking!

These ideas and images are protected by copyright (c) crochetroo 2006
Steal or copy them and you will suffer the curse of the Great Red Kangaroo!

5 comments:

Karla said...

I love the lamb! Looking through your other posts I have determined that you are very talented! The seashell bookmarks are beautiful! I wish I could crochet one of those! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

See you at the 'Ville!

LG said...

Oh Susan, I adore all of them! I can´t choose one! So cute! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohh... these are amazingly cute!

OneCraftySAHM said...

Oh my, these are so cute! I love the little piggy! I am just learning to crochet, I hope I get this good! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

ohhh, where to find the patterns! I have to make the chicken for my step-mom!!!